Monday, July 20, 2009

Optimal Mets Lineup

Here is the Mets lineup versus the Nationals
Pagan
Castillo
Murphy
Wright
Francoeur
Reed
Cora
Schneider
L. Hernandez

Using this useful tool I'm looking to see how many runs this lineup should score per game. They will also list better options in the lineup order.
Note: I was originally going to do this before Sheffield went down. Once he comes back, and he plays a few games, I'll redo it. Same for when/ if Reyes, Beltran and Delgado come back.

Tonight's lineup: 3.747 RPG. That means, if we want to win games, we have to score 3.75 rpg, and allow less then 3.75. The team ERA is 4.37. With this lineup, we are definitely a .450 team.
Best lineup: 4.108 RPG.
Castillo
Wright
Reed
Schneider (amazin avenue has a post about where he hits)
Pagan
Francoeur
Murphy
Hernandez
Cora.
I hope Jerry Manuel reads this. But I know he won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment