Sunday, November 8, 2009

Round Up

I haven't posted in a while. The combination of a Yankees-Phillies World Series (I watched 3 innings of the whole thing), and the fact that there hasn't been a lot of Mets news lead to a lack of posts. However, I'm going to do a round up:
  • Ike Davis went 1/2 with a single and groundout in yesterday's Arizona Fall League rising stars. According to Adam Rubin's list for BA, Ike is the Mets 4th prospect, with Wilmer Flores 3rd. I disagree, I see Davis with more potential right now (I know, Flores is 18), and I would put him 3rd.
  • In regard to starting pitching: I do not think the Mets should sign John Lackey. He's a bit of an injury risk, and for the money he's going to get, I don't think he's worth it. If it came between Holliday and Lackey, I'd choose Holliday. Also, just because Mike Pelfrey's ERA jumped up a run, does not mean he can be a "number 2 or number 3" pitcher. His ERA went up because he's a groundball pitcher and the Mets sucked at defense this year.The Mets were the worst team in the NL, and the second worst in the Majors, with a UZR of -47.3 (that's 4.7 wins by the way), and a UZR/150 of -7.3. ERA is a bad way at evaluating pitchers; tRA, tRA*, FIP and xFIP are all better.
  • Depending on how much Randy Wolf would cost, I'd say he's a better option then Lackey. Also, the Mets could make one year offers to both Bedard and Harder with incentives based on innings.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment